Each Scout will need to bring their own personal equipment, they should be encouraged to find out for themselves from handbooks what is necessary and pack it themselves (bear in mind that they may have to hike with it).
This list is only a guide.
Basic / Essential Kit
- Uniform (camp instructions will state whether full or partial uniform is required)
- Rucksack / Day sack
- 3 Season Sleeping Bag
- Roll mat Pillow case
- Waterproof Outer Garments (Jacket, Trousers)
- Warm Sweater
- Trousers Hiking Boots
- Socks (bring a spare pair!)
- Spare Underclothes
- Personal Wash Kit
- Torch / Batteries
- Water Bottle (filled)
- Polythene Bag
- Head Torch
- Camp Blanket/
- Pen Knife
- Swimming Trunks/Suit
- Training Shoes
- We would ask that your child travels to and from the camp in uniform.
- Please try and pack all your child’s belongings into a single bag (better if they pack themselves).
- DO NOT attach items to the outside of the bag as these often get damaged or lost.
- Black bin bags are not suitable for bedding rolls (roll mats) as they tear easily, with the result that the contents get lost or soiled in transit.
- Please place wash proof name labels in all clothing, which should have your child’s name and group.
- Please label with either indelible ink and/or engraving as appropriate, with your child’s name and group.
- Plates, mugs and cutlery are provided (unless otherwise stated).